- +254 731 086 649
- +254 731 086 649 email@example.com
Peter Mutema | Associate
Peter is an associate at Kieti Advocates, LLP. He has experience advising on commercial transactions, corporate and finance law, employment and tax matters, as well as real estate transactions.
Peter began his legal career as a legal trainee at the Central Bank of Kenya’s legal department. He later joined the firm of Iseme Kamau and Maema (IKM) Advocates where he was involved in numerous corporate and commercial transactions. At Kieti, he provides support to the Banking and Finance and Corporate and Commercial Law practices.
Post Graduate Diploma, Kenya School of Law.
LLB (Honours), Moi University.
Certified Public Accountant Diploma (on-going)
- Assisting in advising a local society in a joint venture agreement with international contractors to undertake one of the largest housing projects in Kenya.
- Assisting in drafting and reviewing of commercial agreements including mobile money and payment systems agreements as well as issuing legal opinions on various aspects of corporate law including the conversion of debt to equity.
- Assisting in the review of sale and purchase agreements covering various sectors including FMCG, real estate, telecommunications and power project transactions.
- Assisting in advising and international lender in connection with its multi-million-dollar trade finance facilities to a local petroleum company.
- Regularly advising new entrants into the Kenyan Market on the registration options under Kenyan Law, undertaking the actual registrations, advising on statutory and tax compliance requirements.
- Advising local and multinational organizations on Employment law matters including drafting employment contracts, service level agreements, consultancy agreements and collective bargaining agreements among others.
- Involved in drafting and reviewing Trademark Licence Agreements.
- Part of the team that was involved in the review of the National Payment Systems regulations.
- Preparing legal due diligence reports and assisting in advising acquisition transactions in the FMCG sector and in real estate sector.
Law Society of Kenya.