We use our knowledge of local markets and our familiarity with international best practices to bring practical solutions to solve your most pressing legal challenges in the energy and natural resources sector.
Our significant expertise lies in issues surrounding renewable energy and energy efficiency, energy access and distributed generation, restructuring and regulation of the electricity sector, construction of power infrastructure facilities, forestry, waste and water management and investments in mining and commodities.
We can help in:
- Project contract documentation including Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), Mine Development Agreements and mining leases
- Financing energy and natural resource projects including assisting project sponsors on their joint venture and equity financing arrangements
- Regulatory compliance
- Policy and legislative drafting
- Institutional, policy and regulatory reviews
- Obtaining regulatory approvals for energy and natural resource projects
- Representing clients in matters before administrative bodies such as the Energy Tribunal and the National Environmental Tribunal